Tell me why…
Tell me why something like this cannot happen at my office every day.
I really think these people are brilliant. I love how each shot captures both the lip syncing and a sort of b-footage/behind the scenes look at the making of the video. That’s sort of meta, right?
I have been in conversation with some folks that work in the office with me. We are trying to figure our which song to choose. This is not an easy task. Selecting I Want it That Way was sort of a stroke of genius. To me, it works for the following reasons.
- It is potentially embarrassing to perform this song since few people will admit to actually liking the Backstreet Boys.
- The Backstreet Boys take themselves incredibly seriously despite (in my opinion) their low level of artistry and musical ability. Mocking this level of self-importance is entertaining.
- The Backstreet Boys were teen heartthrobs. This is something one of the lip syncers plays up beautifully.
- There is a sense of drama to the song, yet it is upbeat. It is hard to find such songs.
- The tune is pretty darn catchy despite my misgivings.